Saturday, November 24, 2007

You think they missed us? I don't know!

So I haven't been blogging about my kids. Maybe because being 3000 miles away I'm not in the middle of what they are doing so there isn't much to write, or maybe writing about them gets me all choked up because I miss them like crazy, or MAYBE writing about them will make them seem like they are fine without me and I don't want them to be! ORrr it's all three! So to face my missing void, here's the first several weeks of my kids lives without us, all in Utah, staying at my sisters house. (I'm not going to cry!) :) The first one though is our last family photo the night before the kids flew to Utah...I still have a hard time looking at it. We were afraid that if anything went wrong, this might have been our last.





This is Sierra and Josh about to fly BY THEMSELVES to Utah (yes, I am a paranoid parent). I didn't cry until they got on the plane though. They left Wed, Oct.10th. My kids aren't old enough to grow up yet...



The pic above is my wonderful sis in Utah picking them up. She sent me a pic right away so I could actually "see" that they arrived in one piece! Now all the pics to follow are ones my sister sent to show us all the fun they were having. After getting the first few, Mark and I wondered if our kids would ever want to return home!





Above, they went rock climbing at Thanksgiving point, hung out with cousins and more cousins, and made marshmellow guns and had a big marshmellow war! Below is Sierra and Josh's pumpkin carving creations, the program of a play they got to see, and Josh sporting a haircut that he got to give to HIMSELF! (old invention called the flobee, anyone remember that thing?!)






That's it for now, I need to stop sniffling :) It's been 6 1/2 weeks, hopefully it won't be too much longer! They are back in California with my mom driving her crazy I'm sure (as they would if I were there!) I know they are happy to be back in school with friends and familiar faces. It will all be worth it in the end, right? :) WE MISS THEM LIKE CRAZY THOUGH!!!!

No comments: