Saturday, November 24, 2007

Oh yah, about Mark...

After posting that last post, I forgot to mention the man I spend 24 hours, 7 days a week with. He's doing well actually! The best he's done in quite some time. He's managed to eat 2-3 meals each day now and is just barely starting to get some energy. Wednesday we had clinic which tends to take 4-5 hours but hey, do we have anyplace to be? They took him off of medications that Mark and I, by process of elimination, found were making Mark sick (the opposite of what they are supposed to do!) So he's REALLY starting to feel good. Every hour or so Mark would exclaim out of nowhere "Gosh! I feel so good...I'm not even naucious! Now, if it would just stay this way!" And he has! So another small triumph. Thursday we did go to Family House, it was one of the MOST MEMORALBE Thanksgivings Mark and I have ever had. When you are amongst others who are so sick, they can barely enjoy their turkey and are far away from their children and/or husbands, you get a whole bunch of mixed emotions. You feel you've developed a temporary family who shares the same stuggles, but joy that you have them there. There's sorrow for those who know they have many more Holidays to be spent there but yet there was an OVERWHELMING feeling of gratefullness that we could all be together and enjoy being ALIVE. And we had a wonderful apple pie at a doctors house that we met through the ward we have been attending here. It was wonderful to be with their family as well. There are many more thoughts I have jumbled in my head but I think I've been WAY too serious in my last 2 posts!:) So I'll share a few pics of recent and be done. OH! I forgot to mention that we will for sure be here another week or so, Mark has another test on Wednesday. Till next time...






Above: A boy hid around the corner while playing beautiful music during our feast. Next, a family that we have become close with(the women in pink had a small bowel transplant 2 days before Marks surgery) she has missed her daughters baby shower, and her dog giving birth to puppies but she will be around a lot longer to enjoy them when she returns home! The one is of the two dining rooms and everyone enjoying the feast, and the last is a pic taken from our hotel room of the SNOW! :) (I love snow!!!)

2 comments:

joewilder said...

Let it be known here and now that it is strongly suggested that Jen publish a book of her "ordeal" in a format of "blogger entries", anybody else think this is a good idea? It's a great story to be told and I'm sure that Mark and Jen could use a little bit of income.

Stacy and Mike said...

I'm positive that your kids miss the heck out of you guys!! And I'm so glad to hear that Mark is doing well!

You should for sure write a book, I'm sure you still have so much to tell!!