Thursday, November 29, 2007

California, HERE WE COME!!!





It's all in the title! Yup, we are coming home, tomorrow to be exact! But don't tell Sierra and Josh...we are going to surprise them by picking them up from school :) (granted there are no delays!) This has been a wild journey. If you had told us a few months ago that we would be in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania hanging out with Mark's brother(Nathan) and wife(Danielle) I would have laughed my head off, let alone Mark having surgery that would change our lives, Mark drowning in a river and that we would spend 7 weeks without seeing our kids, I would call you absolutely crazy and that you need to see a shrink.

But here we are after 5 months and well...HERE WE ARE! We got to end our trip with a treat. Marks brother and wife drove out here, Nathan is doing interviews for his Residency. He set up an interview with the Childrens Hospital here in Pittsburgh(one of many interviews). When we found out, we honestly didn't think we would still be here! They arrived Saturday night and left Tuesday. During that time, we took a little trip to Kirtland Ohio where we toured some church historical sites. It was awesome. We were so happy to have them and be able to end our "visit" here on a good note. It was *almost* like a little vacation at the end...ALMOST! :) Today we spent our last few hours quickly running around saying goodbye to everyone we've met. We are so sad to depart in a sense...we have made a family here. We will miss them also. But we are SOOO EXCITED to see our kids and my dear mom!!! So, till next time.....(see some of you soon!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!! That is exciting news! Can't wait to see you again and give you a giant hug! Have a safe trip home. See you soon.

Hugs,
Amy

Leslie said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you to see your family again!!

In the words of my son, "Holy Crack-a-moley!!" What was this surgery?? And, "drowning in a river??" I need more info!!

angie said...

Whoohoo! You have tp post the details about the reunion! I bet your kids will be SO happy! I am glad you get to go home.

Jen said...

Hey Leslie,
ARe you getting my e-mails?
~Jen

Leslie said...

Jen,

I must not be getting your e-mails. My e-mail address is merr08@zoomtown.com. I know I have received e-mails in the past, but we did change e-mails in the fairly recent past, and that may have been when we lost contact.

I'm so sorry for the trials you have faced, but so happy that things seem to be going well. You are in our prayers!

love,
Leslie