Sunday, April 22, 2007

Day #2 Getting ready for church


The title says Day#2 but really, I started this sometime around 1am this morning. So I am actually doing a double-day, but who's paying attention anyway! I'm needing to do more for my own guilt riddled soul, but I do have a secret passion for writing!

So today I was getting ready for church, brushing my teeth, Mark in the shower next to me. He very non-chalantly says "Jen, hand me my toothbrush and the toothpaste, please". (????)

I obviously answered in my exagerrated tone "Uh, excuse me? Are you planning on scrubbing the shower floor?" (which is currently gross I might add, those "scrubbing bubble shower cleaners" don't work)

"No, I want to brush my teeth", he answers as if I should know and that he's been doing it all of our almost ten years of marriage.

"Since when do you brush your teeth in the shower?" I wait for the answer KNOWING this will turn into one of those dumb silly arguments because Mark really won't have a good reason but in his mind, he has to have one...it is a bit strange after all and Mark always has a good reason for everything he does.

Mark's reply, "I'm already in here, I might as well get it done and be done with it, save time."

(???? again) "Done? Save what time?" So now I'm intrigued and wanting to bug him further because I just think this is silly (and hindsight, it's dumb!) "Who brushes their teeth in the shower?"

Mark: "Everyone! Lots of people."

Jen: "Lots of people? What?! In all of ten years of marriage, you haven't brushed your teeth in the shower, yet today you are embarking on a new timesaving idea AND EVERYONE does it as well. You are very strange, you know that?"

He didn't reply...I started to laugh, mostly at myself for knowing that this is just a "Markism". He does this in other areas in life too, he cracks me up. Sometimes, of course, it is annoying or even costly, but mostly just funny. He loves to appear like he knows just what he's doing and that he's been doing/planning it all along. I guess you can say he's a man with confidence going boldly where EVERYONE has gone(in this case anyway), haha.

So to top it off I finished off with the clencher question (and again, I did this for my selfish amusement) "Sooooo, who do you know that brushes their teeth in the shower?"

Pause....."Uh, No one actually" as he chuckles at himself.

Ok, so I do remember WAY WAY back when, I had a roomate that brushed her teeth in the shower...but...that's the only person I knew. And I thought that was strange.(sorry to those in advance who brush their teeth in the shower!)

So my picture for the day is of Josh...silly Josh, always doing something goofy and not even knowing it! I took the picture trying to capture his shirt and the amazing button job he did. I teased him...there is something about getting ready in the morning for Josh; losing his shoes I placed right in front of him to put on, losing his socks after he finds the shoes, putting toothpaste on the toothbrush and stares at it forgetting it should go into his mouth to get the full effect (and you think I'm joking!) He is quite the character! So today, he had his shoes, socks, pants, (boxers that he begged for!) and his shirt ALL on! YEAH!...and then I saw his shirt and laughed...he still didn't get it when I pointed it out but had fun posing for the camera several times! OK, I'm done. GOODNIGHT! (Julie, I'm assuming you are fast asleep at this point but will be up shortly and read it as I'm going to sleep! haha)
PS The shirt is puckered at the bottom and quite tall at the top(he has the collar standing straight up)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was alseep, I have to get up at 5am, remember? I got a lot of crocheting done at 5 this morning! Loved the picture of Josh, it's just so him. You should think about a career in writing, you could make millions. Can't wait to see today's picture!

Leslie said...

How cute! Josh looks soooo much like Mark, but he definitely has you in there, too! I'm loving this. Keep it up!