Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why let Jenn have all the fun???

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this anymore, but I pulled up Jen's blog site and she is still logged on. I can't pass up this opportunity to bug her a little by adding some things to it without her permission.
To be honest I really can't say anymore then Jen already has in all of her post. She has a way with words when it comes to summing up our families adventures and thanking everyone that has been there to help us.
Our family is back into the full swing of routine life: going to work, school, running errands, kids arguing and bickering constantly, etc...I can say with all seriousness, with all of the adventures we've had this past year; life has gotten routine and boring again. Whether that's good or bad I don't know. I often think that we were better, more faithful ,and stronger individuals/family when we were pushing through our journey this past year. I know for me when life gets as easy as it has been this past month, it's way too easy for me to forget about what is really important. I tell myself that I'm going to do more, be more and try harder. But, when it comes down to it, the human in me takes the path of least resistance. I envy those that have a "doers" mentality and take action on their goals and things they believe in. So many people have touched and blessed my family this past year, I shouldn't and don't want any time for myself; I want to be giving back and serving others. Some how though, and sadly, I have pushed off this desire to go and do plenty of things for myself(like hunting every Saturday).
One thing I have procrastinated doing, but need to take the time to do(as Jen already has)is thank everyone just one more time. The biggest blessing our Heavenly Father has given our family is the gift of loving and supportive family members, friends, and a community. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for this. I literally wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for all of these people. I don't want to forget anyone so I won't thank any individual person, but know that I am grateful for each and everyone of you.
Anyway, this has become a book instead of the short irritating post on Jen's blog that I wanted it to be. It must be the Zoloft, it makes me get in touch with my inner emotions.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hello!? Where are you all? I miss your updates! This was funny, Mark.